How to play multiplayer in Minecraft? Minecraft is a popular sandbox video game with millions of players globally and It has both single-player and multiplayer. Read this article to learn how to play Multiplayer in Minecraft.
Minecraft is an open-world sandbox video game developed by Majong Studio. The game was released in 2011 and currently has around 100 million players. It has different game modes that players can try out and the game is suitable for both casual and hardcore gamers. It offers open-world gameplay which ensures that the game never gets boring. This explains why the game is still relevant after almost a decade since its release. It even has multiplayer to make things more fun. Read on to learn more.
How to Multiplayer in Minecraft?
There are three ways of playing multiplayer in Minecraft. You can find them listed below,
- Online Server
- Minecraft Realms
Before you can play multiplayer, you must first ensure that the game’s version is the same as the server. This is compulsory for all four methods. To find out your game’s version number, just look at the bottom of the screen on the main menu. If the version is out of date you can update it from the device store or from the launcher for the Java edition.
How to do Multiplayer in Minecraft on LAN?
Playing multiplayer on LAN is one of the most traditional means of playing multiplayer for many games. To start a LAN network, you must first have a host computer. You can find the steps listed below,
- Choose a host computer preferably something fast since it has to run the game and host the server at the same time.
- Launch the game.
- Click on ‘Single Player’ and create a new world, or open a new one.
- Once inside, press the Esc key.
- Click on the ‘Open to LAN’ button
- Choose the game mode and run the server.
- Press Play.
- Create a new world or edit a current world using the pen icon,
- Go to multiplayer and enable ‘Visible to LAN Players’.
- Start the world by choosing the Create or Play option.
- To join the game, Go to the Play menu.
- Click the Friends Tab and search for the host server.
How to Play Multiplayer in Minecraft using Online Server?
You can join any online server by connecting to the IP address of the server. Multiplayer server allows two or more players to play Minecraft together. Before you can play you will have to download the server files to join the server. Here are the steps for playing through an online server,
- Log in to Minecraft
- Select the Multiplayer option from the Main Menu.
- Click on the Add Server button, and enter the IP or web address of the server.
If you don’t have an IP you can still join any of the thousands of servers that are available.
Playing Minecraft Multiplayer on Minecraft Realms
Minecraft Realms is a multiplayer service developed by Majong themselves. It is quick to set up and it can be done through the game client. It allows players to connect and play with up to ten friends simultaneously. Minecraft Realms is a subscription-based service that costs a recurring monthly charge of $7.99. You can learn more about Minecraft Realms through the official website.
How Many Editions Does Minecraft Have?
The game has a total of ten editions spanning across different platforms. You can find them listed below,
- Java Edition
- Pocket Edition
- Xbox 360
- Xbox One
- Wii U
- Nintendo Switch
- Windows 10
- Education Edition